A10 Networks AX Application Delivery Platform, Next Generation Server Load Balancer
A10 Networks’ AX Series is the industry’s best price/performance advanced traffic manager – helping enterprises and ISPs maximize application availability through a high-performance and scalable Web Application Delivery Platform. The AX’s Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS) architecture has garnered the company numerous awards and is revolutionary by market standards due to Scalable Symmetrical Multi-Processing (SSMP). ACOS includes an optimized multi-CPU architecture built from the ground up that leaps the competition in terms of load balancing performance, scalability and reliability. The AX family of server load balancers includes a range of platforms that vary according to performance, price and hardware. AX Series new generation load balancing appliances are available as integrated 64-bit offerings (with both 64-bit ACOS and 64-bit hardware) as well as 32-bit models.
- Twice the Performance at Half the Price
- Revolutionary New Architecture
- Innovative, Advanced Features
- All Features Included
Features & Benefits
|64-bit||The AX Series appliances are the industry’s first 64-bit Application Delivery Controllers, featuring our 64-bit Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS) and 64-bit hardware platforms. 64-bit processing is the latest significant leap for networking devices, increasing addressable memory to achieve the industry’s highest levels of scalability and performance. The impact to users and network architects is considerable: Users are delivered applications faster and seamlessly, with network architects obtaining greater efficiencies, flexibility and extensibility when deploying and managing data center applications.As data centers upgrade to 64-bit applications and servers, the 64-bit AX Series ensures a return on investment for years to come.|
|Innovative architecture||AX’s Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS) employs a shared memory architecture for maximum efficiency. ACOS was designed for modern multi-core processors, uniquely with zero copy, zero Inter- Process Communication (IPC), zero interrupt, zero scheduling and zero locking to achieve linear scalability across CPUs. This delivers higher performance, higher throughput, lower latency and higher energy efficiency than any other ADC on the market.|
|Advanced features||Employs specific Layer 4-7 performance and acceleration technologies such as SSL Off-load, Caching, Compression, TCP Connection Reuse & HTTP Multiplexing. Includes advanced features such as superior High Availability, L7 Scripting, DNS Application Firewall, IPv6-IPv4 translation, Large Scale NAT, DS-Lite, Virtualization, Dynamic Provisioning and Global Server Load Balancing for Business Continuity.|
|Energy Efficiency||Delivers the industry’s most compact and “green” solutions with the best performance per Watt per rack unit. Competitors’ high end platforms offer less than half the performance, while using three times the power and rack space. At 680 Watts maximum power consumption, the AX 5200 is the world’s performance and energy efficiency leader, redefining the requirements for the high end “supercomputer class” ADC.|
|Price/Performance||Confirmed to deliver twice the performance at half the price of incumbent solutions. All features are included without additional licensing fees, greatly reducing total cost of ownership for enterprises. This applies equally to feature and performance licenses.|
|Datacenter Consolidation||Replaces incumbent ADCs such as those from F5 Networks, Citrix (NetScaler), Cisco, Juniper/Redline, Radware and others at a ratio of three to one AX, or higher.|
Faster, Better, Greener
- Faster – Speed and capacity: According to performance metrics including Layer 4, Layer 7 and throughput, AX Series delivers the industry’s best price/performance ratio. Architected for scalability, the compact 2U AX 5200 can achieve over 3 million L4 connections per second (CPS), which exceeds competitor’s chassis systems by up to 3X.
- Better – Flexible platform, advanced features, disruptive price and world-class support: The AX platform is designed to meet customers’ current and future needs with headroom to grow. For organizations working on initiatives for datacenter consolidation, virtualization, software as a service (SaaS), cloud computing, IPv6 and more, AX dramatically lowers the total cost of deployment as all features are included without additional licensing fees. AX Series delivers the most responsive support in the market, guaranteeing customer satisfaction.
- Greener – Industry’s most energy efficient platform: The scalable Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS) architecture, with shared memory, provides the foundation for the industry’s most energy efficient ADC. The high-end “supercomputer class” AX 5200 sets a new green standard in a compact 2U appliance with 3X the performance, 1/3 the size and 1/6 less power to run versus competing chassis solutions. All AX models deliver the highest performance per Watt (PPW) than competing solutions.
- Download A10 Networks AX Series Family Data Sheet
- Download A10 Networks 64-bit AX Series Data Sheet
- Download A10 Networks AX Series Advantages
- Download A10 Networks 64-bit Advantage Solution Brief
- Watch A10 Networks 64-bit AX Series and ACOS Video
To learn more about PTS’ IT Consulting Services, contact us or visit: