Since its inception, Elliptical Mobile Solutions has taken a “ground level” approach to reinvent the data center industry using energy efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and high-availability as its guiding principles.
Today, it is the only high-tech company in the world to build Micro-Modular Data Centers™ at the rack level with onboard cooling, security and fire suppression.
These enclosures fully replicate the characteristics of a traditional “bricks and mortar” data center, while offering significant savings including:
- Capital savings from 50-80% for new data center builds or data center retrofits
- Reduction of cooling and electricity costs up to 50%
- Operational savings from 40-65%
- Reduction of data center footprint up to 75%
- Rapid deployment, allowing companies to have a complete turnkey solution in weeks rather than months or years
- Scalability, providing companies with the building blocks to add computing capacity as needed in a timely and pay-as-you-grow manner
EMS launched its S.P.E.A.R. Micro-Modular Data Center in April 2009 at the UPTIME Institute’s Green IT Conference in New York City. Industry leaders praised and endorsed the product as being one of the Greenest IT solutions on the market today. In April, the R.A.S.E.R. was named a finalist for Best of Interop – Infrastructure. The Awards recognize the world’s most innovative technologies. In October, EMS was named a finalist for Innovator of the Year – Startup Company at the Arizona Tech Council’s Governor’s Celebration of Innovation. This is Arizona’s highest honor for technology innovation.
EMS’ entry into the International market began this year with highly successful product launches and conferences in Vietnam, Singapore, India, Israel and Germany.
Today, EMS has Micro-Modular Data Center installations in the United States, Canada, England, Vietnam, Singapore and India and more than $168 million in sales being negotiated throughout the world.
Founded in 2005, EMS is headquartered in Chandler, AZ. To learn more visit: http://www.ellipticalmedia.com/.
EMS is highly focused on the energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness of its products when compared to traditional data centers.
We believe that as data demands grow and computing power increases, data center infrastructure will have to become more energy efficient otherwise rising energy costs will make even the smallest data center a losing economic proposition.
While the “green data center” movement is beginning to take hold, it is only a matter of time before the need to change isn’t simply driven by a desire to protect the environment but also driven by the economic reality of rising energy costs.
EMS’s patented closed loop cooling system uses a pre-engineered airflow and cooling built-in that is optimized to efficiently deal with the current and future demands of the world’s most powerful computer equipment
Closed loop cooling confines the hot and cold aisles within the enclosure so that cooling is applied directly to the equipment. This allows companies to manage power consumption, cooling delivery and temperature set points at the rack level.
This technology reduces cooling and and electrical costs up to 50% vs. a traditional data center.
EMS’ technology offers the lowest cost solution per kilowatt of compute capacity in the market place today — as low as $5,000/KW vs. $15,000 to $20,000/KW for a traditional data center.
Our goal is to move the data center industry from being a huge consumer of electricity to being a small consumer of clean energy.
- Micro-Modular Data Centers
- R.A.S.E.R. (Relocatable Adaptive Suspension Equipment Rack)
- S.P.E.A.R. (Self Propelled Electronic Armored Rack)
- C3 S.P.E.A.R. (Climate Controlled Campus Self-Propelled Electronic Adaptable Rack)
- C3 S.P.E.A.R.-RT (Climate Controlled Campus Self-Propelled Electronic Adaptable Rack for Rugged Terrain )
- Watch Elliptical Mobile Solutions R.A.S.E.R. HD Solution Video