The Juniper Networks QFabric family of products offers a revolutionary approach that delivers dramatic improvements in data center performance, operating costs, and business agility for enterprises, high-performance computing systems, and cloud providers. The QFabric family implements a single-tier network in the data center, enabling improvements in speed, scale and efficiency by removing legacy barriers and improving business agility.
The QFabric family includes three members:
- QFabric System: Composed of three separate components—the QFabric Node, QFabric Interconnect and QFabric Director—the QFabric System creates a high-performance, low-latency fabric that unleashes the full power of the data center with the simplicity of a single switch.
- QFabric Node acts as the entry and exit into the fabric
- QFabric Interconnect is the high-speed transport device for interconnecting QFabric Nodes
- QFabric Director provides control and management services to deliver a common window for managing all devices as a single device
- QFX3500 Switch: The QFX3500 is a standalone 48-port 10GbE top-of-rack switch with four 40GbE uplink ports and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and FC gateway functionality. With a simple software and configuration change, the QFX3500 can also provide the QFabric Node functionality in a QFabric System.
- QFX3600 Switch: The QFX3600 offers 16 QFSP+ ports, delivering a high-performance, feature-rich 40GbE/10GbE top-of-rack switch with iSCSI and FCoE functionality for highly demanding data center environments (available 2H12). The QFX3600 also provides QFabric Node functionality in a QFabric System.
|Performance||The QFabric architecture can scale up to 40 Tbps, providing unprecedented capacity for moving beyond 10GbE at the access layer. In addition, QFabric’s ultra-low deterministic latency provides an order of magnitude improvement over traditional network architectures, making it ideal for supporting latency-sensitive applications, east-west traffic flows, virtualization, cloud computing, and other high-performance data center initiatives.|
|Management||Presenting itself as a single switch running the Junos operating system, the QFabric architecture greatly simplifies data center management. Fewer switches in the data center translates into significantly less complexity and operational expense, as well as lower power, space, and cooling costs. As a reliable carrier-class solution with no single point of failure and requiring no downtime for reconfiguration and maintenance, the QFabric architecture also maximizes network availability.|
|Scale||The QFabric architecture supports a highly efficient “pay-as-you-grow” model that can scale from a few hundred ports to 6,000 ports within a single-tier network. QFX3500 Switches can be introduced into data centers incrementally as top-of-rack devices, interoperating with the current switch infrastructure. Over time, the QFX3500s can be converted to a QFabric Node edge device through a simple software configuration change, allowing customers to transition to a QFabric solution without requiring a wholesale replacement of the existing network.|
|Green Solution||The QFabric architecture is environmentally conscious, allowing enterprises to optimize every facet of the data center network while consuming less power, requiring less cooling, and producing a fraction of the carbon footprint of legacy multi-tiered data center networks.
QFabric complies with the following standards:
EX-Series Ethernet Switch Solutions
The highly scalable, low-latency QFabric System supports thousands of ports within a single-tier data center or cloud, enabling any-to-any connectivity with the simplicity of a single, highly resilient switch.
High-performance, low-latency, feature-rich L2/L3 switch delivers wire-speed 10GbE throughput and standards-based Fibre Channel I/O convergence capabilities for the most demanding data center environments while providing a fabric-ready solution for Juniper’s QFabric System.
The QFX3600 delivers a high-performance, low-latency 40GbE/10GbE fabric-ready edge solution for Juniper Networks QFabric System, as well as a versatile Layer 2 and Layer 3 standalone top-of-rack switch for demanding data center environments.*
*available second half of 2012
Learn more about Juniper Networks Solutions:
- QFabric System
- QFX3500 Switch
- QFX3600-I QFabric Interconnect
- QFX3008-I QFabric Interconnect
- QFX3100 QFabric Director
- The Cloud-Ready Data Center Network
- Magic Quadrant for SSL VPNs, Gartner Group, December 12, 2011
- Magic Quadrant for Network Access Control, Gartner Group, December 8, 2011
- Distributed Enterprise Solutions
- Distributed Enterprise Solutions for the Branch
- Enterprise Data Center Interconnectivity
- Enterprise Internet Edge
- Infrastructure for Enterprise Data Centers
- Juniper Networks 3-2-1 Data Center Network Architecture
To learn more about PTS Data Center Solutions available to support your Data Center Routing, Switching, and Security needs, contact us or visit:
- Data Center Routing, Switching & Load Balancing Solutions
- Data Center Network Security Solutions
- Data Center Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR) Solutions
- IT Storage & Data Protection Consulting
- Data Storage Solutions
- Server Solutions
- Data Center Virtualization Strategies
- Virtualization Software
- Managed Services – Outsourced IT & Facility Solutions